Every Heart Has a Story

Thursday, February 25, 2010

For My Girls

I was sitting at an appointment with Lily the other day and I don't remember what question was asked of me exactly, but it struck me that is has been nearly 4 months since her last surgery and soon we will be coming upon her 1st birthday. We have come a long way since then. I can't imagine what my life would be without either of my girls. Which brings me to another story: This past October, after spending all day in the hospital with Lily after her surgery I was on my way back to the Ronald McDonald House and I was listening to some radio station when a song came on that I had never heard before. It wasn't more than 30 seconds into it that I was crying. It was everything I was feeling and everything I want my girls to know as they grow up. I don't think I could find any better words. The song was "Never Alone" by Jim Brickman with Hilary Scott and Lady Antebellum.

This is for you Ellie and Lily!! Love Always, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment