I was sitting at an appointment with Lily the other day and I don't remember what question was asked of me exactly, but it struck me that is has been nearly 4 months since her last surgery and soon we will be coming upon her 1st birthday. We have come a long way since then. I can't imagine what my life would be without either of my girls. Which brings me to another story: This past October, after spending all day in the hospital with Lily after her surgery I was on my way back to the Ronald McDonald House and I was listening to some radio station when a song came on that I had never heard before. It wasn't more than 30 seconds into it that I was crying. It was everything I was feeling and everything I want my girls to know as they grow up. I don't think I could find any better words. The song was "Never Alone" by Jim Brickman with Hilary Scott and Lady Antebellum.
This is for you Ellie and Lily!! Love Always, Mom
A HUGE Nine Year Before and After Home Tour!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment